Like I have a point!

After a long time in hibernation, the bear has to come out to eat some honey. So have I. I'm not the bear, not even a bear. Bear with me, there is a joke around here somewhere.

Let me get to the point. The lack of writing in my life is discouraging. And so is the lack of common sense in the life surrounding me.

I've come to a point where I really dislike the word 'like'. Like, when it's like, being used, like, in every sentence, like, by everybody imaginable... (a long pause here to sound more thoughtful, mouth open and brows furrowed; perhaps searching for the next word) ...like (found it!), shouldn't there be, like, a ban on overusin' a word or whateva'? I know, right? Totally! Like, that's so duh!



I've come to a point where I've realized the need of true criticism. Don't get me wrong, true admiration is also necessary. But come on, do you really have to compliment a person for asking something nicely? That day I asked a lady, "Could you please show me where the bathroom is?", to which she replied,"Oh sure! You asked so nicely, I think you are a lovely person! It's at the end of the hall on your left." As if not saying 'could' was going to make her send me in the 'right' direction. I was in a hurry, cause I had had some curry; I didn't worry, I wasn't even sorry. Her inability to be concise could have cost me a new pair of pants. Thankfully, I didn't run into anyone admiring my rushing skills before reaching my dumping station.

I've come to a point where I should own a 'smart' phone. A phone that would alert me for all my assignments. A device that would keep me connected to my friends across the globe. A machine that would turn me into a zombie while walking on the road. Did you know there is an app that allows you to see the road through your phone's camera while you're using the phone? You didn't, did you?

WalkNText: Because looking up while walking is too mainstream

I've come to a point where I see people easing the global warming by looking cool. I was walking to my bike in the college paa'king, and I came across this group of cool folks. Come on yaa', I mean, you godda hand it to them. All the dashing dewds on their rrrrrrockkking bikes. And those suppa' hot babes sitting behind them with cleeeya' awesomeness pouring from their attitewd. It's not just about theya' attitude, it's moaa' 'bout that pe'sonality! Wow! They look like real rockstaa's! I looked at myself, and found what was missing. I should really find a keyring that can stay on my finger while I 'rotate' it.

I've come to a point where I've realized that I have a choice. I can walk the road with earphones on my bobbing head. I can sip a overpriced hot latte in a branded paper cup. I can even 'tlk n d lingo of d Gen-Y'. But that will make me one of them. For now, I'll keep stalking people digitally; criticizing their life choices while sipping on the cold gassy cola in a metal can.

I've come to a point where I wanna live ma lyfe by ma own rulez.

Comments

Post a Comment